How To Be an Active Reader
What to do before, while, and after reading
* Predict what the material will be about.
* Think about what you know about the subject.
* Know why you are reading the material (this is not just "Because
Ms. Haberek said so").
* Give your full attention to the material.
* Create "mind movies" of what you are reading.
* Often stop and talk to yourself about what you are reading.
* Ask yourself, "What have I learned?".
* Think about how this fits into what you already know.
* Decide how you will use this new information.
* Ask yourself if you have changed because of what you read.