I am in my 15th year teaching. I enjoy teaching Business and love working with our Blazer students to help prepare them for the future. I currently teach many Business Classes:
- Microsoft Office Specialist - students learn advanced features and can earn certifications in Excel, Word and PowerPoint to become MOS Certified
- Business Law - students learn law terms, contracts, wills, criminal and civil law, consumer rights, employer/employee rights, code of ethics and more
- Business Management - students learn about managing a business, types of businesses, supply, demand, scarcity, employment, creating a business plan and more
- Financial Literacy - students learn to budget, write checks, balance checkbook, investing/saving, insurance, credit cards, loans, interest, paying bills on time and more
- Webpage Design - students learn Photoshop, DreamWeaver and Flash/Animate Adobe software
I am Co-Adviser for Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA). FBLA is an excellent co-curricular organization where students meet many new people from across Kentucky, the United States and other countries. They compete in many events with the goal of placing and advancing from Region to State and National levels. We participate in community service projects and various other chapter competitions.
I am one of the Class of 2018 Sponsors, where we will be coordinating the Senior Breakfast and Senior Trips this year.
I am the Assistant Archery Coach. We have an active NASP archery team that participates in multiple local and region tournaments. We have competed at the State Tournament and qualified for the National Tournament every year since we began.
We are looking forward to an excellent year!!