Welcome to the Discovery Team!
We are looking forward to beginning a new school year, and we are excited to have you as a member of our team. Below is general information that you might find helpful as you prepare for the new school year! We look forward to seeing you soon!! The Discovery Team Teachers!
Jana Lovins Reading/Language Arts firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey May Social Studies email@example.com
Lisa Swimm Math firstname.lastname@example.org
Robin Irvine Float Math email@example.com
Katie Evans Resource firstname.lastname@example.org
Homework Hotline: 327-2746 (Follow prompts)
- 3-Ring Binder or “Trapper Keeper”(It will be more useful if it zips)
- Flash drive
- One-Subject notebook for Reading class
- Folder with prongs for Reading class
- Folder with prongs for Science class
- Index cards(You will use these in Science, Social Studies, and float Math )
- Dictionary for home use
- Pocket Dividers for Binder or “Keeper” for each class
- Loose-leaf paper- Wide Rule(NOT perforated notebooks)
- Glue stick for Social Studies
- #2 Pencils(If you use mechanical pencils, you must have extra lead)
- Colored pencils
- Fine-point markers
- dry-marker and eraser
- Pens- Blue or Black ink only (You need pens for grading purposes)
- No erasable pens
- Pencil Pouch
- Fraction Calculator(TI-34 or equivalent)
- Nothing but the Truth by Avi, Witness by Karen Hesse, Saving Wonder by Mary Knight (All books can be found on Amazon.com )
- Not allowed: permanent markers (i.e. sharpies), correction fluid or whiteout, and gel/fluorescent pens.
- WISH LIST for team teachers: Tissues, hand sanitizer, and paper towels.
Please bring to a team teacher.