The Ashland School Board of Education (“Board”) is seeking applications for appointment to fill a vacancy on the Board representing the District at large. This appointment will be effective until the November 2022 regular election.
Responsibilities include: setting policy to govern the District; hiring/evaluating the Superintendent; and levying taxes and adopting the District budget. Board members must:
- Be at least 24 years old and a Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
- Be a registered voter in the particular District of the vacancy;
- Have completed the 12th grade or have a GED certificate;
- Meet all other legal qualifications (KRS 160.180); and
- Complete required annual in-service training.
Applications are available using the link below or at 1820 Hickman Street, Ashland, KY 41101. Mail applications to: Superintendent, ATTN: Board Vacancy, P.O. Box 3000 Street, Ashland, KY 41105.
Application for Board Vacancy
Applications will be accepted June 21, 2022 through July 5, 2022