Ashland Middle School
7th Grade Math 7
Phone: 327-2727 ext. 3215
Homework Hotline: 327-2746 follow prompts
Middle level mathematics uses five critical content areas (Ratios and Proportional Relationships, The Number System, Expressions and Equations, Geometry, Statistics and Probability) in an integrated program. There are numerous curriculum opportunities throughout the curriculum to support reading and other essential learning.
Curriculum content was developed and aligned with the NCTM National Standards for Mathematics and the Kentucky’s Academic Expectations, Program of Studies for Mathematics.
Course Materials: Classwork and homework will come from the following sources:
Title and publisher of textbook: Mathematics, Course 3: Pre-Algebra, Holt McDougal.
Title and publisher of textbook: Pre-Algebra, Glencoe.
Pre-Algebra An Integrated Transitions to Algebra & Geometry, Glencoe
Pre-Algebra with Pizzazz!, Creative Publications.
Algebra with Pizzazz!, Creative Publications.
Internet Activities for Math, Teacher Created Materials.
Grading Criteria (Point Based)
- Homework, class work, bell ringers, open response questions
- Chapter/cumulative tests, quizzes, Kagan Activities
Students are to use a pencil on all assignments, including homework and tests. Any work turned into class that is not in pencil will not be graded. All assignments must have work shown (steps) and in the student’s handwriting in order to receive credit. All class work and homework is to be done on loose-leaf paper. Students are to have a 3-ring binder or spiral notebook for math notes. Calculators may not be used at the beginning of the year, but can be used at a later time as announced by the teacher. Using a calculator without permission is considered cheating. Calculators are available in the classroom, although students are strongly encouraged to purchase a calculator for their use at home, when allowed. A student’s lack of a calculator will not be an excuse for incomplete assignments.
7th Grade Math 7 Syllabus
A= 90% and above
B= 80 - 89%
C= 70 – 79%
D= 60 – 69%
F= 59 and below
- Work and learn at high levels
- Complete and return homework on time
- Maintain math notes taken in class and given by the teacher
- Understand the homework assignment(s) before leaving school and record them in their agenda notebook
- Take home all necessary materials to complete assignment(s)
- Bring all materials needed for class
Parents are to:
- Provide encouragement and support; show interest in your child’s work
- Assist students to develop good study skills
- Monitor homework completion and the efficient use of time
- Periodically review your child’s Pre-Algebra notes
- Call Homework Hotline and/or review student assignments in the Student Agenda
- Monitor your child’s grades on IC all throughout the school year. Please don’t wait until the end of the nine week period.
- Schedule a conference if your child’s academic performance is unsatisfactory
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I look forward to working with your child.
Parent or Legal Guardian’s Signature