Ashland Area Regional RCX Tournament
March 12, 2022 Due to inclement weather this event has been rescheduled for Saturday, April 9, 2022
- Ashland Middle School
2800 Kansas Street
Ashland, KY 41101
- If possible, each team participating in the event needs to bring one volunteer to setup on Friday evening or work the event on Saturday morning.
- Tournament set up: Friday EVENING until finished.
- Saturday @ 7:00 AM.
- RCX Referee Training will take place online. Information will be sent to individuals serving in this role.
- Clean up: All teams help fold up and stack tables, gather chairs, pack Field Kits, stand LEGO tables up against the wall, pick up all trash, and whatever else needs to be done before we leave for the day.
- Scores for each round will be available to parents online and will be posted on a large screen in the gymnasium at the end of each competition round.
4. What to bring to competition
- Student Information - Make sure your students have transportation. Bring emergency contact information for students who will not have parents in attendance at the event.
- A fully charged laptop or Chromebook holding all preprogrammed missions. Make sure you have logged into your laptop or Chromebook at your school prior to leaving the building.
- A fully charged robot packed safely in a box for traveling.
- The USB cord to connect your robot to your charger or laptop
- A robot repair kit with different LEGO pieces
- Any attachments or mission items that your team has designed to use during the competition
The schedule for the day will be as follows:
- Doors Open: 8:00 am
- Practice Round: 8:00 am - 9:00 am (Sign-up sheet will be available at the registration desk)
- Coaches Meeting: 9:00 am - 9:15 am
- Round 1 of the Competition will begin immediately following the coaches meeting
- Concessions will be available.
8. After the competition
- The Awards Ceremony will take place in the gymnasium following a short break after Round 3 of the competition.
- Competition winners will compete in the RCX State Championship on April 20, 2022 at Rupp Arena in Lexington, KY. RCX Championships coincide with the state STLP Championship.
- All teams who compete in the Regional Competition will be invited to the State Championships in April.
- Score sheets will be shared electronically with coaches
9. Competition Information
- Official Website: STLP RCX Robo Challenge Xtreme
this site has General Rules, 2022 Competition mission and rules, and Questions for the Competition Director
10. Contact Information
CIO, Ashland Independent Schools
1820 Hickman Street
Ashland, KY 41101
RCX, Robo Challenge Xtreme Program Manager