CANCELLED - Due to Coronavirus concerns - Check back in the fall for 20-21 Competition Information.
Saturday, March 21, 2020
- Ashland Middle School
2800 Kansas Street
Ashland, KY 41101
- Each team participating in the event needs to bring one volunteer to setup on Friday evening or work the event on Saturday morning.
- Tournament set up: Friday, March 20, 3:30 PM until finished.
- Saturday, March 21, 7:00 AM.
- RCX Referee Training will take place online. Information will be sent to individuals serving in this role.
- Clean up: All teams help fold up and stack tables, gather chairs, pack Field Kits, stand LEGO tables up against the wall, pick up all trash, and whatever else needs to be done before we leave for the day.
- Scores for each round will be posted on a large screen in the gymnasium at the end of each round.
4. What to bring to competition
- Student Information - Make sure your students have transportation. Bring emergency contact information for your students with you.
- A fully charged laptop - Make sure you have logged into your laptop at your school.
- Saved missions - have a backup on a flash drive and/or the laptop
- A fully charged robot packed safely in a box for traveling.
- The USB to connect your robot to your laptop
- Spare AA Batteries and the back to the brick
- A robot repair kit with different LEGO pieces
- Any attachments that your team has designed to use for missions
The schedule for the day will be as follows:
- Doors Open: 8:00 am
- Practice Round: 8:00 am - 9:00 am (Sign-up sheet will be available at the registration desk)
- Coaches Meeting: 9:00 am - 9:15 am
- Round 1 of the Competition will begin immediately following the coaches meeting
- Concessions will be available.
8. After the competition
- The Awards Ceremony will take place in the gymnasium following a short break after Round 3 of the competition.
- Competition winners will compete in the state championship in Lexington, KY on April 18, 2019.
- If one of the teams invited to go to the state championship cannot attend, another team from our tournament will be invited.
- Score sheets will be emailed to coaches
9. Competition Information
- Official Website: STLP RCX Robo Challenge Xtreme
this site has General Rules, 2020 Competition mission and rules, and Questions for the Competition Director
10. Contact Information
CIO, Ashland Independent Schools
1820 Hickman Street
Ashland, KY 41101
RCX, Robo Challenge Xtreme Program Manager